Whitepaper : Optimize Your Virtual Environment with Better Virtual Server Monitoring
- Benefits and challenges with virtualization
- The need for deep virtual monitoring and management
- The virtual monitoring guidelines
Do you have the right information to make confident decisions about your virtual server environment? Is your virtual server monitoring making it easier or harder to make the right choices to optimize your infrastructure?
Over the past ten years, virtual environments have moved from ‘interesting technology’ to an essential part of the IT Management job description. There are as many challenges as there are benefits, and it’s important to have a plan for managing and monitoring an increasingly complex virtual environment.
In this brief, you’ll find both the pitfalls of virtual monitoring and management, as well as how to evaluate the maze of competing virtual monitoring and management products and vendors.
CIOs, IT Managers and Administrators need to understand the inherent love/hate relationship with physical and virtual server monitoring across a heterogeneous data center.
As virtualized servers continue to move from testing to production environments, the threat of process and infrastructure breakdown is mounting.1 At present, IT departments are precariously exposed to a growing number of virtualization risks, including tumbling down Gartner’s IT Maturity Curve, a model designed to measure an IT organization’s strengths and weaknesses relative to best practices in the field.2
With this in mind, IT executives and managers are looking for solutions that provide a complete dashboard of the IT environment for better visibility and control–across both the virtual and physical environments. Many are also exploring ways to effectively leverage their existing investments in IT Service Management (ITSM) frameworks, tools, and processes–to extend the value of these assets.
Register to read the full whitepaper.
- Whitepaper: 6 Essentials to Capacity Planning
- Whitepaper: Cut IT Downtime By Using Server Monitoring Tools
- Whitepaper: IT SLA Monitoring: The SLA Way To IT Success
- Whitepaper: Server Monitoring: The 5 New Realities
- Whitepaper: The 12 Enterprise Pitfalls of IT Systems Monitoring
- Whitepaper: The Truth about Agent vs. Agentless Monitoring
- Whitepaper: The Unified IT Dashboard: Integrated IT Monitoring
- Webcast: Capacity Planning for Improved Uptime
- Webcast: Pragmatic Monitoring: Guiding IT with SLA Management and Application Monitoring
- Datasheet: Uptime Infrastructure Monitor
- Datasheet: Uptime Infrastructure Monitor with Netflow Analyzer Integration
- Case Study: A Leading Global E-commerce Increases Revenue with Uptime Infrastructure Monitor
- Case Study: IDERA Helps Blevins Pinpoint System Issues and Improve Customer Service
- Case Study: Manitoba Hydro Chooses Uptime Infrastructure Monitor for Its IT Monitoring
- Case Study: TeleComputing Manages Its IT Environment with Uptime Infrastructure Monitor’s Unified IT Dashboard
- Case Study: The City of Malmö gets Powerful IT Monitoring and Saves IT Budget
Topics : Database Monitoring,Database Performance,IT Infrastructure Monitoring,
Products : Uptime Infrastructure Monitor,