Webcast : ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
MSSQLTips | Principles of Data Modeling
Presenter: K. Brian Kelley
You’ve been tasked with coming up with a data model for a system. Where do you start? What do you need to know? What should you expect from a solid data model?
In this webinar we’ll look at:
- The process of converting ideas and concepts into data structures.
- What normalization is and why we use it.
- How to move from the logical model to the physical model.
- What specifically to consider when implementing a physical data model on SQL Server.
Armed with this information, you’ll be able to start the process of creating a data model or tweaking an existing data model. You’ll also have some areas to look for within SQL Server when a database with an implemented data model isn’t performing well.
K. Brian Kelley is an author, columnist, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and former Microsoft Data Platform (SQL Server) MVP (2009-2016) focusing primarily on SQL Server and Windows security. Brian currently serves as a data architect as well as an independent infrastructure/security architect concentrating on Active Directory, SQL Server, and Windows Server. He has served in a myriad of other positions including senior database administrator, data warehouse architect, web developer, incident response team lead, and project manager. Brian has spoken at 24 Hours of PASS, IT/Dev Connections, SQLConnections, the Techno Security and Forensics Investigation Conference, the IT GRC Forum, SyntaxCon, and at various SQL Saturdays, Code Camps, and user groups.
- Whitepaper: Agile Data Modeling: Not an Option, but Essential
- Whitepaper: Enterprise Data Modeling for Business Intelligence Applications
- Whitepaper: Improve Your Data Modeling Skills
- Whitepaper: Is your Data Modeling Workflow Agile or Fragile?
- Whitepaper: Mastering Data Modeling for Master Data Domains
- Whitepaper: Model Behavior: An Introduction to Data Models
- Whitepaper: The ROI of Data Modeling
- Webcast: A Perfect Ten: The Data Model
- Webcast: A Photographer and a Data Modeler Walk Into a Bar…
- Webcast: Agile Data Management vs. Agile Data Modeling
- Webcast: Becoming a Better Data Modeler: Part 1 (Data Modeling Certification)
- Webcast: Becoming a Better Data Modeler: Part 2 (Faulty Design Patterns)
- Webcast: Data Modeling and Blockchain
- Webcast: The Importance of Data Model Change Management
- Webcast: You’ve Just Inherited a Data Model – Now What?
- Webcast: Put Together the Pieces of your Data Model Puzzle
- Webcast: SQL Server Data Modeling Best Practices
- Infographic: Improve Your Data Modeling Skills
- Infographic: Data Modeling and Collaboration with ER/Studio
Topics : Data Modeling,Enterprise Architecture,
Products : ER/Studio Data Architect,ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition,