Geek Sync Webcast : ER/Studio Data Architect
Geek Sync | Agile Data Management versus Agile Data Modeling
Presenter: Joseph Maggi
Join IDERA and Joseph Maggi while he discusses some of the more heated debates in the data modeling world centered around the concept of agile data modeling. Much of this debate has its roots in a misunderstanding or at least conflicting views on what Agile is in the first place. Some view agile data modeling as a haphazard approach to database “design” while others view it as a way to get applications developed more quickly and efficiently. This session will explore the merits of both sides of the argument and will discuss the technical manifestations of Agile (namely Scrum and Kanban) and where data modeling fits within these agile methodologies.
The session will also look more broadly into data management in general and how agile techniques can drive timely, accurate and usable information to the organization. We will view Kanban boards that take into account the complexities of data management and how a combination of Agile methodologies can address diverse requirements and data related issues. Lastly we’ll look at how tools like IDERA ER/Studio support a more agile approach to data modeling, meta data management and data management overall.
About the Presenter:
Mr. Maggi is a technology professional with a demonstrated track record of exploiting technology to solve business problems and enhance the bottom-line for both public and private sector clients. He has been involved with data modeling and relational design for more than 20 years and has taught formal data modeling courses to dozens of Fortune 500 companies. Mr. Maggi is a founding managing partner with Agilarc LLC, a data management company that focuses on building agility into formal architecture.
- Whitepaper: Agile Data Modeling: Not an Option, but Essential
- Whitepaper: Enterprise Data Modeling for Business Intelligence Applications
- Whitepaper: Improve Your Data Modeling Skills
- Whitepaper: Is your Data Modeling Workflow Agile or Fragile?
- Whitepaper: Mastering Data Modeling for Master Data Domains
- Whitepaper: Model Behavior: An Introduction to Data Models
- Whitepaper: The ROI of Data Modeling
- Webcast: A Perfect Ten: The Data Model
- Webcast: A Photographer and a Data Modeler Walk Into a Bar…
- Webcast: Becoming a Better Data Modeler: Part 1 (Data Modeling Certification)
- Webcast: Becoming a Better Data Modeler: Part 2 (Faulty Design Patterns)
- Webcast: Data Modeling and Blockchain
- Webcast: The Importance of Data Model Change Management
- Webcast: You’ve Just Inherited a Data Model – Now What?
- Webcast: Principles of Data Modeling
- Webcast: Put Together the Pieces of your Data Model Puzzle
- Webcast: SQL Server Data Modeling Best Practices
- Infographic: Improve Your Data Modeling Skills
- Infographic: Data Modeling and Collaboration with ER/Studio
Topics : Data Modeling,
Products : ER/Studio Data Architect,