Webcast : IDERA Live | The Modern Query Optimizer
Presenter: Joey D'Antoni
Data changes happen quickly—and the DBA can’t easily monitor query performance 24/7. In recent releases SQL Server has introduced a number of new features to improve query performance in the event of performance degradation. In this session you will get an overview of the new additions and how they can help their workloads and improve your execution plans. You will learn about how the SQL Server query optimizer has changed to make adaptive decisions at query execution, and has changed some former anti-patterns. This session will focus on SQL Server 2019, but will highlight some changes introduced in SQL Server 2017.
About Joey D’Antoni:
Joey D’Antoni is a Senior Consultant and SQL Server MVP with over a decade of experience working in both Fortune 500 and smaller firms. He is a Principal Architect for Denny Cherry and Associates and lives in Malvern, PA. He is a frequent speaker at major tech events, and blogger about all topics technology. He believes that no single platform is the answer to all technology problems. He holds a BS in Computer Information Systems from Louisiana Tech University and an MBA from North Carolina State University, and is the co-author of the Microsoft white paper “Using Power BI in a Hybrid Environment.
- Whitepaper: 7 Indexing Tips to Improve SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: SQL Server Indexing Basics
- Webcast: How Index Optimization Impacts Memory in SQL Server
- Webcast: Why Did My Clever Index Change Backfire?
- Webcast: Consolidating Indexes in SQL Server
- Webcast: I Have Indexes, But Do I Have the Right Indexes?
- Webcast: 3 Secret Configuration Changes to Make Your Existing Indexes Run Faster
- Webcast: SQL Server Indexing Tips and Tricks
- Infographic: What is SQL Indexing?
Topics : Database Performance,SQL Query Performance,
Products : DB Optimizer,