Geek Sync Webcast : How Index Optimization Impacts Memory in SQL Server
Presenter: Kendra Little
When we design indexes, we often think about speeding up a specific query. But index tuning is important for larger reasons, too: well tuned indexes reduce the memory footprint of your workload, allowing greater concurrency and scalability for your application.
Join IDERA and Microsoft Certified Master Kendra Little for this investigation into how the indexes selected by a query impact memory in multiple caches in SQL Server. You’ll learn what ‘Query Workspace Memory’ is, what it’s used for, and what goes wrong if a query doesn’t get the memory grant it needs. You’ll learn how this differs from the buffer pool memory used by the query, and how to measure the memory ‘footprint’ of a query with different indexes.
You’ll leave the session with a checklist of patterns to identify while you optimize indexes and improve memory usage for your top queries.
Kendra Little teaches database administrators and developers how to speed up their Microsoft SQL Servers consistently. She is a Microsoft Certified Master in SQL Server, a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), and one of the few artists in the world to draw both dinosaurs and databases.
- Whitepaper: 7 Indexing Tips to Improve SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: SQL Server Indexing Basics
- Webcast: Why Did My Clever Index Change Backfire?
- Webcast: Consolidating Indexes in SQL Server
- Webcast: I Have Indexes, But Do I Have the Right Indexes?
- Webcast: 3 Secret Configuration Changes to Make Your Existing Indexes Run Faster
- Webcast: SQL Server Indexing Tips and Tricks
- Infographic: What is SQL Indexing?
Topics : Database Performance,
Products : DB Optimizer,