Geek Sync Webcast : How to Create Your Disaster Recovery Plan
About this webcast:
So your boss asked for a copy of your DR plan. Once you’ve wiped that deer-in-the-headlights look off your face, you realize “We’ve got database backups,” isn’t exactly a plan. You need to come up with a plan to recover your business when disaster strikes.
Join IDERA and Rie Irish as she walks you through building this plan by defining what a disaster could be, documenting the business impact, and identifying your limitations. We will show how to use this information to establish metrics (such as RTO and RPO), document current recovery configurations, and design an effective recovery strategy that meets the needs and budget of your business.
Attending this session will give you the knowledge and tools to create an effective disaster recovery plan that will make your boss happy and ensure the continuity of your business. You won’t want to miss it!
- Whitepaper: Database Backup Compression Versus File Deduplication
- Whitepaper: How Compliance Impacts Backup Strategy
- Whitepaper: How To Develop And Test A Disaster Recovery Plan
- Whitepaper: Initializing Replication from Backup
- Whitepaper: Top SQL Server Backup Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
- Whitepaper: Understanding Database Backup Strategies
- Whitepaper: Virtual Machine Snapshots versus Database Backups
- Whitepaper: What’s on the Mind of IT When It Comes to Backup
- Webcast: Best Practices for SQL Server Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Webcast: Defend Your Database Against Disasters
- Webcast: Designing a SQL Server Backup Strategy
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup Automation and Best Practices
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup: Challenges, Best Practices and Instant Data Recovery
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup Strategies – Architect a Solid Backup Foundation
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup Strategies: One Size Does Not Fit All
- Infographic: Top 5 Backup Mistakes
Rie is the Director of Database Administration with Paymetric, Inc. in Roswell, GA. She’s been a SQL Server DBA for over 15 years in various industries: financial, pharmaceutical, eDiscovery, online commerce, government contracting and non-profits. She is serving as the 2016 PASS WIT Virtual Chapter leader. Rie is also on the executive committee planning SQL Saturday Atlanta and have also facilitated WiT Panels at SQL Saturdays all over Southeastern USA on a variety of topics.
Automate SQL Server Backup Across your Enterprise
- Backup faster and save space via dynamic compression with encryption.
- Choose from multiple options for recovery.
- Ensure organizational compliance via policy-based management.
- Reduce failures due to temporary network problems.
- Receive alerts and create reports with centralized web console.
- Instantly read and write access to databases directly from backup files.