Webcast : Top SQL Server Database Management Challenges and Tracking SQL Server Databases
Presenter: Michael Otey & Binh Chau
The database is the core component for today’s business critical applications. And successfully managing database platforms is more complex and has more challenges than ever before. In the first part of this web seminar, IT Pro’s senior contributing editor Michael Otey will cover some of the top SQL Server management challenges and show you how to solve them. Attend this session to learn about topics critical to your success — such as troubleshooting performance, maximizing availability, coping with massive data growth, securing your sensitive data and managing local and hybrid cloud databases.
In the second part of this web seminar, IDERA’s Binh Chau will share tips to address inventory management challenges. As a SQL Server database administrator, you need a simple, efficient way to discover, document, and maintain your SQL Server environment as the organization grows. Even something as fundamental as which SQL Server deployments need to be brought up to date with the latest patches has become especially important with the recent ransom-ware attacks. But you can’t put the right patches in place if you don’t even know how many servers are in your environment! You need complete visibility of your SQL Server environment. Whether you want to discover unknown deployments, have inherited new systems, or just need to know the current status of all servers deployed, it’s important to have an easy way to inventory your entire environment and determine which SQL Servers need oversight and maintenance. Chau will explain how IDERA SQL Inventory Manager provides all the details you need for complete visibility and enables you to compile and review the information about your SQL Server environment, so that you can effectively manage your inventory.
Speaker: Michael Otey is a senior technical director for Windows IT Pro and SQL Server Pro. He is president of TECA, a software-development and consulting company in Portland, Oregon. Michael is a coauthor of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 High Availability with Clustering & Database Mirroring (Osborne/McGraw-Hill).
Speaker: Binh Chau is a Senior Product Manager at IDERA. Binh’s specialties include Product Development, User Experience, Agile, IT Strategy, Project Management, Software Development, Business Architecture, and Technical Architecture.
- Whitepaper: How To Deal With an Inherited SQL Server
- Webcast: Do You Know Where Your Databases Are?
- Webcast: Managing Your SQL Server Infrastructure
- Webcast: Taking Control of Your Organization’s SQL Server Sprawl
- Infographic: Why Use SQL Inventory Manager?
- Datasheet: SQL Inventory Manager
- Video: SQL Inventory Manager Overview
- Video: How To Customize Inventory Fields in SQL Inventory Manager
- Video: How To Discover and Visualize Your Environment with SQL Inventory Manager
- Video: How to View and See Tags in SQL Inventory Manager
- Video: How to View and Use Tags in SQL Inventory Manager
- Video: How To Get Started with SQL Inventory Manager
- Video: How to Create a Custom Inventory Field in SQL Inventory Manager
Topics : Database Administration,Database Monitoring,
Products : SQL Inventory Manager,