Geek Sync Webcast : How to Catch SQL Server Performance Troublemakers
Presenter: Pinal Dave
SQL Server applications can be huge and complex. Finding performance problems from such a huge application is often very difficult. There are many different performance troublemakers in SQL Server, and as a DBA, it is your responsibility to catch them. Once you catch performance troublemakers, you can decide how to resolve them.
Join IDERA and Pinal Dave as he demonstrates simple tricks to identify SQL Server Performance Troublemakers. Pinal’s presentation will be focused on finding CPU intensive queries, I/O optimization with index tuning, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks with wait stats, and more. At the end of the session, attendees will have the understanding and the scripts to identify their own performance troublemakers.
Pinal Dave is a technology enthusiast and independent consultant with over thirteen years of experience in the information technology sector. He has successfully authored 11 SQL Server database books, 18 Pluralsight courses and written over 3200 articles on database technology via his blog http://blog.sqlauthority.com. Rounding out his professional career, Pinal has held key positions as Sr. Consultant for SolidQ and as a Technology Evangelist for Pluralist and Microsoft. Pinal holds a Master of Science from the University of Southern California, and numerous professional certifications, including MCTS, MCDBA and MCAD (.NET).
- Whitepaper: 5 Reasons Your SQL Server is Slow
- Whitepaper: 6 SQL Server Performance Boosters for Your Hardware
- Whitepaper: Performance Enhancements Made with SQL Server 2014
- Whitepaper: The Top 4 Performance Makers and Breakers for SQL Server
- Webcast: Kick Start SQL Server 2016 Performance Tips and Tricks
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Made Easy
- Webcast: Top 10 SQL Server Performance Makers and Breakers
- Webcast: Dealing with Network Latency Issues and the impact on SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Maximizing Microsoft SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Performance in 60 Seconds – SQL Tricks Everybody MUST Know
- Webcast: SQL Server Constraints for Integrity and Performance
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance and Scalability
- Webcast: What You Need to Know About Managing Your SQL Server Performance
Topics : Database Monitoring,Database Performance,Powershell,SQL Query Performance,
Products : SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server,