Webcast : SQL Server Constraints for Integrity and Performance
Presenter: Andy Warren
Constraints aren’t exciting, are they? They seem so basic and fundamental that we tend to forget about the value they add.
The goal of this presentation is to get you thinking about the use of constraints, starting with the basics of making sure the data in a single table is reasonably constrained. We’ll start with data types, column lengths, and nullability, then move on to discuss unique constraints, CHECK constraints, and triggers. We’ll build on these topics by looking at how to constrain relationships across tables and even databases using foreign keys, triggers, and indexed views.
Throughout the discussion we’ll also discuss the overhead versus the benefits of constraints in terms of performance and the challenge of balancing that with raw performance. We’ll wrap up with a list of things you might want to check after the webinar and as many questions as time permits.
Speaker: Andy Warren is a SQL Server consultant based in Orlando. Andy was a founding principal of SQLServerCentral.com, is the former President of the Orlando SQL Server Users Group, and one of the founders of SQLSaturday. He has been an MVP since 2009 and has written and presented extensively SQL Server. Andy blogs at www.sqlandy.com, is on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/sqlandy, and is occasionally on Twitter as @SQLAndy.
- Whitepaper: 5 Reasons Your SQL Server is Slow
- Whitepaper: 6 SQL Server Performance Boosters for Your Hardware
- Whitepaper: Performance Enhancements Made with SQL Server 2014
- Whitepaper: The Top 4 Performance Makers and Breakers for SQL Server
- Webcast: How to Catch SQL Server Performance Troublemakers
- Webcast: Kick Start SQL Server 2016 Performance Tips and Tricks
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Made Easy
- Webcast: Top 10 SQL Server Performance Makers and Breakers
- Webcast: Dealing with Network Latency Issues and the impact on SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Maximizing Microsoft SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Performance in 60 Seconds – SQL Tricks Everybody MUST Know
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance and Scalability
- Webcast: What You Need to Know About Managing Your SQL Server Performance
Topics : Database Diagnostics,Database Monitoring,Database Performance,
Products : SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server,