Webcast : SQL Server Backup Strategies : One Size Does Not Fit All
We’ve all been there. We acquire a new SQL Server database, instance or server, schedule some backups and call it a day. But over time, the databases grow or the need for the databases change. How often do we review the backup strategy we initially implemented to ensure it still meets our recovery objectives?
In this session we go back to the fundamentals and review the types of backups available in SQL Server, from the common (Full, Differential, Log) to the not so common (File, Filegroup). We’ll discuss how and when to use each and how to combine them to form a complete recovery plan.
- Whitepaper: Database Backup Compression Versus File Deduplication
- Whitepaper: How Compliance Impacts Backup Strategy
- Whitepaper: How To Develop And Test A Disaster Recovery Plan
- Whitepaper: Initializing Replication from Backup
- Whitepaper: Top SQL Server Backup Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
- Whitepaper: Understanding Database Backup Strategies
- Whitepaper: Virtual Machine Snapshots versus Database Backups
- Whitepaper: What’s on the Mind of IT When It Comes to Backup
- Webcast: How to Create Your Disaster Recovery Plan
- Webcast: Best Practices for SQL Server Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Webcast: Defend Your Database Against Disasters
- Webcast: Designing a SQL Server Backup Strategy
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup Automation and Best Practices
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup: Challenges, Best Practices and Instant Data Recovery
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup Strategies – Architect a Solid Backup Foundation
- Infographic: Top 5 Backup Mistakes
Colleen Morrow is a database professional living in Cleveland, OH who has been working with database systems since 1996. For more than 12 years, she was a Database Administrator at a large law firm where she developed an appreciation for auditing, automation, and performance tuning. Since that time she has worked with clients in the healthcare, manufacturing, software, and distribution/freight delivery industries. Colleen is currently a Senior Consultant at Fortified Data. She is an active member of the Ohio North SQL Server User Group and has presented at many SQLSaturday events as well as the PASS Summit.
Automate SQL Server Backup Across your Enterprise
- Backup faster and save space via dynamic compression with encryption.
- Choose from multiple options for recovery.
- Ensure organizational compliance via policy-based management.
- Reduce failures due to temporary network problems.
- Receive alerts and create reports with centralized web console.
- Instantly read and write access to databases directly from backup files.