Geek Sync Webcast : SQL Server Performance Made Easy
Every DBA hates to wake up at midnight just to learn there is an emergency with their database. Sometimes, even though their hardware specifications are above par and they know everything was working fine earlier that day, DBAs are still faced with a slow server. Luckily, there are always some early indicators which can help DBAs predict upcoming issues. Proactively monitoring their database and keeping a vigilant eye on the database key areas are mandatory tasks for all DBAs.
Join IDERA and Pinal Dave as he walks through common performance issues and best practices to solve them. This session will include how to identify inefficient queries, how to recognize queries causing blocking and deadlocks, how to resolve wait statistics, and how to analyze wait statistics and resolutions. Pinal will also walk through how to isolate performance root cause with Workload Analysis and how to review predictive performance alerts. This is an interactive Geek Sync you will not want to miss!
- Whitepaper: 5 Reasons Your SQL Server is Slow
- Whitepaper: 6 SQL Server Performance Boosters for Your Hardware
- Whitepaper: Performance Enhancements Made with SQL Server 2014
- Whitepaper: The Top 4 Performance Makers and Breakers for SQL Server
- Webcast: How to Catch SQL Server Performance Troublemakers
- Webcast: Kick Start SQL Server 2016 Performance Tips and Tricks
- Webcast: Top 10 SQL Server Performance Makers and Breakers
- Webcast: Dealing with Network Latency Issues and the impact on SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Maximizing Microsoft SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Performance in 60 Seconds – SQL Tricks Everybody MUST Know
- Webcast: SQL Server Constraints for Integrity and Performance
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance and Scalability
- Webcast: What You Need to Know About Managing Your SQL Server Performance
Pinal Dave is a Developer Evangelist. He has authored 11 SQL Server database books, 14 Pluralsight courses and over 2900 articles on the database technology on his blog at http://blog.sqlauthority.com. Along with 10+ years of hands-on experience, he holds a Masters of Science degree and a number of certifications, including MCTS, MCDBA and MCAD (.NET). His past work experiences include Technology Evangelist at Microsoft and Sr. Consultant at SolidQ.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.