Webcast : Quack Chat | Fix Database Performance Problems with Profiling
DBAs often encounter poorly performing SQL, missing or incorrect indexes, and hot database objects in their databases. No matter how hard the DBA may try, something outside the planned norms will eventually occur and then performance will suffer.
Bert Scalzo will show you how IDERA DB Optimizer can run a profile on a database and use it to find and fix performance problems.
About Bert: Bert Scalzo is an Oracle® ACE, author, speaker, consultant, and is the Senior Product Manager at IDERA. He has three decades of Oracle® database experience and previously worked for both Oracle Education and Oracle Consulting. Bert holds several Oracle Masters certifications and his academic credentials include a BS, MS and Ph.D. in computer science, as well as an MBA. He has presented at numerous Oracle conferences and user groups, including OOW, ODTUG, IOUG, OAUG, RMOUG and many others. Bert’s areas of interest include data modeling, database benchmarking, database tuning and optimization, “star schema” data warehouses, Linux® and VMware®.
- Whitepaper: Cardinality Is Not for the Birds
- Solution Brief: Faster SQL Profiling for Better Database Performance
- Whitepaper: Ready, Set, Load Test: Best Practices, Tools, and Tricks for Determining Database Performance under Pressure
- Datasheet: DB Optimizer
- Video: An Overview of DB Optimizer
- Video: DB Optimizer Demonstration
- Video: DB Optimizer Quick Start
- Video: How To Edit SQL with DB Optimizer
- Video: How To Tune SQL with DB Optimizer
- Case Study: FIS Global Identifies and Resolves Database Performance Issues with DB Optimizer
Topics : Enterprise Architecture,
Products : DB PowerStudio,