Geek Sync Webcast : I Have Indexes, But Do I Have the Right Indexes?
Do you have all the right indexes on your SQL Server databases? Have you implemented any indexes other than traditional clustered and non-clustered indexes? If the answer to either question is “no” or “I don’t know,” then this session is for you. This Geek Sync will help introduce less commonly used index types and settings along with indexing methodologies. Follow along while we learn which indexes your SQL Server is begging you to make and others it wishes you would drop. Learn use cases for filtered, full-text, and columnstore indexes. There will be plenty of demos and shareable scripts to showcase the benefits too!
- Whitepaper: 7 Indexing Tips to Improve SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: SQL Server Indexing Basics
- Webcast: How Index Optimization Impacts Memory in SQL Server
- Webcast: Why Did My Clever Index Change Backfire?
- Webcast: Consolidating Indexes in SQL Server
- Webcast: 3 Secret Configuration Changes to Make Your Existing Indexes Run Faster
- Webcast: SQL Server Indexing Tips and Tricks
- Infographic: What is SQL Indexing?
Eric Blinn has been a SQL Server DBA in the legal, software, transportation, and insurance industries for over 10 years. Currently he is the Sr Data Architect for Squire Patton Boggs, a leading global provider of legal services with 47 offices in 20 countries. He has been a presenter at PASS Summit, SQLSaturdays, the in.sight transportation conference, and the Ohio North SQL Server User’s Group. He is incredibly proud and humbled to be a 2018-2019 IDERA Ace and has co-authored two IDERA Whitepapers. Look for Eric on twitter @SQL2TheSequel or his personal SQL Server blog, https://ericblinn.com/.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.