Webcast : ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
Geek Sync | Data Modeling is a Form of Data Governance
Presenter: Bob Seiner
Data modeling is a form of data governance because it plays a crucial role in defining, understanding, and managing the data assets of an organization. Data modeling helps in visualizing metadata and schema, which can uncover connections between disparate data elements and facilitate collaboration among data stakeholders. It also supports effective data governance by improving database and software performance, simplifying data mapping, and enhancing communication between departments.
Data modeling captures and circulates how an organization defines and uses data, facilitating design task automation and enforcement to promote data integrity. By managing the data source design and maintenance lifecycle, the modeling process results in a more flexible and governable data architecture. Data modeling provides a foundation for implementing data governance guidelines, ensuring the safety, quality, and proper use of the data of an organization.
In this Geek Sync webinar, Bob Seiner shares how data governance can be explained using the actions of governing the definition, production and usage of data. The Database Management and Development disciplines and tools stand at the core of these three actions. In fact, data modeling provides the foundation for governing data definition leading to quality data production that results in value from data usage.
In this Geek Sync, Bob will discuss:
- Three Actions of Governing Data
- Establishing a Data Governance Program on the Three Actions
- Why Data Modeling is a Form of Data Governance
About Bob: Bob is a thought-leader in the field of Data Governance and is known for his unique approach to the discipline. Bob focuses on consultative mentoring with his clients as the President and Principal of KIK Consulting & Educational Services (KIKconsulting.com) and the Publisher of The Data Administration Newsletter (TDAN.com). Bob is the author of the book “Non-Invasive Data Governance: The Path of Least Resistance and Greatest Success”, available on Amazon.com, and speaks often through his DATAVERSITY webinar series (Real-World Data Governance) and the Data Governance industry’s leading events.
- Whitepaper: Aligning Data Governance with Business-Driven Data Architecture
- Whitepaper: Data Modeling is a Form of Data Governance
- Whitepaper: Empowering Operational Data Governance with Data Lineage
- Whitepaper: The Elements of Data Governance
- Webcast: 5 Best Practices for Operationalizing Data Governance
- Webcast: Avoid the Seven Mistakes Data Modelers Make in Aiding Data Governance
- Webcast: Data Architecture and Data Governance: A Powerful Data Management Duo
- Webcast: Modeling Data Governance
- Webcast: The Power of Common Language in Data Governance
- Webcast: IDERA Live | Business Value Metrics for Data Governance
- Webcast: Human Factors in Data Governance
- Webcast: The Model Enterprise: A Blueprint for Enterprise Data Governance
- Infographic: Establish a Data Governance Foundation with ER/Studio
- Video: Document a Database As Part of a Data Governance Initiative with ER/Studio
- Video: Team Server for Data Governance
- Video: Using Business Processes for Data Governance
- Solution Brief: Fortify Your Data Governance with Enterprise Data Architecture
- Case Study: Accolade Streamlined Data Modeling and Team Collaboration for Data Governance
Topics : Data Governance,Data Modeling,
Products : ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition,