Whitepaper : The Elements of Data Governance
The increased focus and attention given to an organization’s data assets have been the impetus for new strategies with which to manage these resources. Data governance is one method that can make better use of the information that drives business.
Data governance and other competing methods of managing enterprise information have become more critical due to the convergence of several factors. These diverse elements have come together to make it vitally important that an organization has a thorough understanding of their data resources and how they are being used.
* Big data and the incredible volume of information generated from the Internet of Things (IoT) presents challenges that require a new mindset to handle appropriately. Coherently incorporating multiple data streams cannot be done in an ad hoc manner.
* The growing use of analytics to provide insight into business decisions makes it imperative that an enterprise uses its data assets productively. An organization’s data is an irreplaceable resource, and data governance can help extract its maximum value. Using it wisely can give a business a substantial competitive edge over its rivals.
* Increased concern over the privacy and security of digital data demands effective methods of ensuring data is protected throughout its life cycle. Implementing data governance helps create an enterprise-wide view that emphasizes the importance of securing information assets.
We intend this whitepaper to educate readers on the subject of data governance and its advantages to the business world. The whitepaper describes: What is data governance, why is data governance needed, goals of a data governance program, data governance principles, what are the benefits of data governance, data governance roles and responsibilities, data governance in practice, and tools for data governance.
Presenter: Robert Agar
Robert Agar spent a long and diverse career specializing in data backup, recovery, and compliance among other areas of the IT world. Tired of being woken up at all hours to provide support, he embarked on a new career as a freelance writer focusing on various areas of the tech sector. Outside interests include music, sports, and poker. He shares his home office with two green-cheeked conures who suggest topics and engage in the occasional proofreading exercise.
Register to read the full whitepaper.
- Whitepaper: Aligning Data Governance with Business-Driven Data Architecture
- Whitepaper: Data Modeling is a Form of Data Governance
- Whitepaper: Empowering Operational Data Governance with Data Lineage
- Webcast: 5 Best Practices for Operationalizing Data Governance
- Webcast: Avoid the Seven Mistakes Data Modelers Make in Aiding Data Governance
- Webcast: Data Architecture and Data Governance: A Powerful Data Management Duo
- Webcast: Data Modeling is a form of Data Governance
- Webcast: Modeling Data Governance
- Webcast: The Power of Common Language in Data Governance
- Webcast: IDERA Live | Business Value Metrics for Data Governance
- Webcast: Human Factors in Data Governance
- Webcast: The Model Enterprise: A Blueprint for Enterprise Data Governance
- Infographic: Establish a Data Governance Foundation with ER/Studio
- Video: Document a Database As Part of a Data Governance Initiative with ER/Studio
- Video: Team Server for Data Governance
- Video: Using Business Processes for Data Governance
- Solution Brief: Fortify Your Data Governance with Enterprise Data Architecture
- Case Study: Accolade Streamlined Data Modeling and Team Collaboration for Data Governance
Topics : Data Governance,Data Modeling,Metadata,
Products : ER/Studio Business Architect,ER/Studio Data Architect,ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition,