Webcast : ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
Dataversity | Human Factors in Data Governance
Presenter: Ron Huizenga
Human factors in data governance refer to the challenges and obstacles that organizations face when implementing data governance policies and procedures, which are often related to people and their behavior. Addressing the human factors in data governance is essential for ensuring the success of data governance initiatives and fostering a data-driven culture within the organization. Some of the human factors can impede data governance include resistance to change, inadequate planning, and ill-defined goals.
Resistance to change may stem from extra work, uncertainty, and the ripple effect of changes on existing processes. To address these challenges, organizations can secure human resources, provide rewards for extra work, and establish clear communication about the changes and their benefits.
Inadequate planning and ill-defined goals can also hinder the success of data governance initiatives. To overcome these issues, organizations should involve key stakeholders in the planning process, set realistic objectives, and establish measurable performance indicators.
Most companies recognize the importance of data and Data Governance. Yet, many companies are failing in their efforts to become data-driven. Increasing investment in technology has not addressed the problem. In fact, the increasing complexity has made matters worse. In order to succeed, organizations must address the most difficult issue that is holding them back: cultural change and the human side of Data Governance. In this session, Ron Huizenga will discuss human factors as the major impediment to business adoption, as well as how to address them.
Speaker: Ron Huizenga was the Senior Product Manager of Enterprise Architecture and Modeling at IDERA. Ron has over 30 years of business and IT experience across many different industries including manufacturing, retail, healthcare, and transportation. His hands-on consulting experience with large-scale data development engagements provides practical, real-world insights to enterprise data architecture, business architecture, and governance initiatives.
- Whitepaper: Aligning Data Governance with Business-Driven Data Architecture
- Whitepaper: Data Modeling is a Form of Data Governance
- Whitepaper: Empowering Operational Data Governance with Data Lineage
- Whitepaper: The Elements of Data Governance
- Webcast: 5 Best Practices for Operationalizing Data Governance
- Webcast: Avoid the Seven Mistakes Data Modelers Make in Aiding Data Governance
- Webcast: Data Architecture and Data Governance: A Powerful Data Management Duo
- Webcast: Data Modeling is a form of Data Governance
- Webcast: Modeling Data Governance
- Webcast: The Power of Common Language in Data Governance
- Webcast: IDERA Live | Business Value Metrics for Data Governance
- Webcast: The Model Enterprise: A Blueprint for Enterprise Data Governance
- Infographic: Establish a Data Governance Foundation with ER/Studio
- Video: Document a Database As Part of a Data Governance Initiative with ER/Studio
- Video: Team Server for Data Governance
- Video: Using Business Processes for Data Governance
- Solution Brief: Fortify Your Data Governance with Enterprise Data Architecture
- Case Study: Accolade Streamlined Data Modeling and Team Collaboration for Data Governance
Topics : Data Governance,Data Modeling,Enterprise Architecture,
Products : ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition,