Geek Sync Webcast : The Power of Common Language in Data Governance
Data governance helps to ensure that an organization’s information assets are efficiently managed across the enterprise, which is most effective when everyone uses the same language and terminology to create a common context. When corporate systems have very different semantics, it can cost a lot of time and money to reconcile the inconsistencies. Yet, the vast majority of enterprise-wide data efforts that attempt to harmonize semantics into a common language are not very successful. Additionally, there are strong arguments for allowing each application to use their own semantics so that they can pick the right language and approach for their specific job, and so that each application can be delivered as quickly as possible without constraining them with too many enterprise-wide standards.
Join IDERA and Len Silverston as he discusses current data governance and integration issues, why semantics vary, and more. Len will demonstrate how to apply a ‘Universal Data Language’ with examples across many platforms such as ontologies, taxonomies, data exchange, Data Vault, and possibilities for the future. His presentation will include take-home models and semantics that attendees can use in their own efforts.
- Whitepaper: Aligning Data Governance with Business-Driven Data Architecture
- Whitepaper: Data Modeling is a Form of Data Governance
- Whitepaper: Empowering Operational Data Governance with Data Lineage
- Whitepaper: The Elements of Data Governance
- Webcast: 5 Best Practices for Operationalizing Data Governance
- Webcast: Avoid the Seven Mistakes Data Modelers Make in Aiding Data Governance
- Webcast: Data Architecture and Data Governance: A Powerful Data Management Duo
- Webcast: Data Modeling is a form of Data Governance
- Webcast: Modeling Data Governance
- Webcast: IDERA Live | Business Value Metrics for Data Governance
- Webcast: Human Factors in Data Governance
- Webcast: The Model Enterprise: A Blueprint for Enterprise Data Governance
- Infographic: Establish a Data Governance Foundation with ER/Studio
- Video: Document a Database As Part of a Data Governance Initiative with ER/Studio
- Video: Team Server for Data Governance
- Video: Using Business Processes for Data Governance
- Solution Brief: Fortify Your Data Governance with Enterprise Data Architecture
- Case Study: Accolade Streamlined Data Modeling and Team Collaboration for Data Governance
Len Silverston is a best-selling author, consultant, and lecturer in the field of information management and organizational change management. He has pioneered new approaches to effectively tackle enterprise information management, for example, he invented “Universal Data Models®” and has successfully transformed organizations worldwide using these reusable models. He is the winner of the prestigious DAMA (Data Administration Management Association) International Professional Achievement Award and the DAMA International Community Award. He is dedicated to being of the greatest service to organizations via his consulting, training, and software services with his company Universal Data Models, LLC.