Whitepaper : How to Handle the Complexities of Regulatory Compliance
The reliance on digitally stored information continues to grow and now dominates society in the 21st Century. The use of the Internet for business and information exchange shows no signs of slowing down or returning to the good old days of cash transactions handled through physical contact. Social media has become an intrinsic part of the lives of many individuals which is evident by the panic that sets in when a smartphone is misplaced or runs out of power unexpectedly.
On one level, the unparalleled convenience afforded by e-commerce and electronic communication is very attractive to a majority of the population. But from the beginning of the digital age, there have been concerns that revolve around the privacy of personal and sensitive information. The apprehension over how society’s collected data is used has spawned governmental regulations that purport to protect the rights of individuals to control access over their personal and sensitive information. Businesses need to comply with these regulations
This whitepaper describes the reasons why data privacy is important, regulatory agencies taking action, protecting private data, responding with regulatory compliance management, the cost of non-compliance, and how complex regulatory compliance demands sophisticated tools.
Presenter: Robert Agar
Robert Agar spent a long and diverse career specializing in data backup, recovery, and compliance among other areas of the IT world. Tired of being woken up at all hours to provide support, he embarked on a new career as a freelance writer focusing on various areas of the tech sector. Outside interests include music, sports, and poker. He shares his home office with two green-cheeked conures who suggest topics and engage in the occasional proofreading exercise.
Register to read the full whitepaper.
- Whitepaper: Protecting Personally Identifiable Information in Databases
- Whitepaper: What You Need to Know About Compliance Audits
- Whitepaper: Are You Aware of These Database Risks?
- Whitepaper: The Trade-off Between Database Security and Database Performance
- Whitepaper: Ensuring the Security of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) within U.S. Federal Government Agencies
- Whitepaper: Top Five Items to Audit in SQL Server
- Webcast: Adopting a Compliance & Auditing Mindset
- Webcast: Database Auditing Essentials: Tracking Who Did What to Which Data When
- Webcast: Keep your Healthcare Databases Secure and Compliant
- Webcast: Handling HIPAA Compliance with Your Data Access
- Webcast: IDERA Live | Understanding SQL Server Compliance both in the Cloud and On Premises
- Webcast: IDERA Live | Mitigating Data Risks from Cloud to Ground
- Webcast: 7 Tips and Tricks for Auditing SQL Server
- Webcast: An Introduction to Auditing & Compliance for SQL Server
- Webcast: Auditing SQL Server Using Extended Events
- Webcast: Deploying and Maintaining SQL Server Configuration Standards
- Webcast: Manage SQL Server Security Permissions and Audits
- Webcast: Performing a SQL Server Security Risk Assessment Webinar
Topics : Database Compliance,
Products : SQL Compliance Manager,