Geek Sync Webcast : Database Auditing Essentials: Tracking Who Did What to Which Data When
Presenter: Craig Mullins
Increasing governmental and industry regulation coupled with the need for improving the security of sensitive corporate data has driven up the need to track who is accessing data in corporate databases. Organizations must be ever-vigilant to monitor data usage and protect it from unauthorized access. Each regulation places different demands on what types of data access must be monitored and audited. Ensuring compliance can be difficult, especially when you need to comply with multiple regulations. And you need to be able to capture all relevant data access attempts while still maintaining the service levels for the performance and availability of your applications.
In this webinar, Craig Mullins will discuss these issues and present the requirements for auditing data access in relational databases. The goal of this presentation is to review the regulations impacting the need to audit at a high level, and then to discuss in detail the things that need to be audited, along with pros and cons of the various ways of accomplishing this.
About Craig Mullins: Craig is president and principal consultant of Mullins Consulting, Inc. where he focuses on data management strategy and consulting. He writes the monthly DBA Corner column for Database Trends & Applications magazine. With over three decades of experience in all facets of database systems development, he has worked as a programmer/analyst, a DBA, an industry analyst, a software executive and a consultant.
- Whitepaper: Protecting Personally Identifiable Information in Databases
- Whitepaper: What You Need to Know About Compliance Audits
- Whitepaper: Are You Aware of These Database Risks?
- Whitepaper: How to Handle the Complexities of Regulatory Compliance
- Whitepaper: The Trade-off Between Database Security and Database Performance
- Whitepaper: Ensuring the Security of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) within U.S. Federal Government Agencies
- Whitepaper: Top Five Items to Audit in SQL Server
- Webcast: Adopting a Compliance & Auditing Mindset
- Webcast: Keep your Healthcare Databases Secure and Compliant
- Webcast: Handling HIPAA Compliance with Your Data Access
- Webcast: IDERA Live | Understanding SQL Server Compliance both in the Cloud and On Premises
- Webcast: IDERA Live | Mitigating Data Risks from Cloud to Ground
- Webcast: 7 Tips and Tricks for Auditing SQL Server
- Webcast: An Introduction to Auditing & Compliance for SQL Server
- Webcast: Auditing SQL Server Using Extended Events
- Webcast: Deploying and Maintaining SQL Server Configuration Standards
- Webcast: Manage SQL Server Security Permissions and Audits
- Webcast: Performing a SQL Server Security Risk Assessment Webinar
Topics : Data Governance,Database Compliance,Database Monitoring,
Products : SQL Compliance Manager,