Whitepaper : How to Become a Database Administrator for MySQL
You are reading this because you think that becoming a database administrator for MySQL may be the right career path for you. Database administrators are responsible for all facets of managing MySQL. Such responsibilities range from installation and patching to creating databases to managing permissions that allow users to actually use the databases. However, more than anything, they are responsible for protecting the data. Also, they are responsible for ensuring that performance levels are maintained. They often act as internal advisors on how to use MySQL effectively. It is a critical role. The reason is that if a database is offline or data is lost, then the business and its customers immediately feel the impact.
The goals of this whitepaper are to: (1) Give you some insight into what the job looks like when using MySQL. (2) Show you at a high level the skills you need to get that first job in the field. (3) Give you suggestions for how to acquire those skills and find your first database administrator job working with MySQL.
The whitepaper describes the focus on MySQL, what is MySQL, the role of the database administrator, the production database administrator, becoming a database administrator, getting ready to learn, skills to learn first, how do you learn best, vendor Resources, classes, low cost training, and the value of certifications. Further, the whitepaper discusses how to acquire experience, find a role model or mentor, the community, live events, free tools, convincing the hiring manager, the first database administrator job, the action plan, first things first, what do you need to learn, set goals, and track your progress.
Register to read the full whitepaper.
- Whitepaper: 7 Most Important MySQL Performance Tuning Checks
- Whitepaper: Top Metrics to Monitor in MySQL Databases
- Webcast: MySQL Indexing – The Secret Toolbox
- Webcast: MySQL Performance Tuning via Query Tuning
- Webcast: Top Metrics to Monitor in Your MySQL Databases
- Webcast: Quickly Find and Fix MySQL and MariaDB Performance Issues to Keep Applications Responsive
- Webcast: Tips and Tricks for Maximizing Database Performance of MySQL and MariaDB
- Webcast: Why and how to go multi-primary over regular replication
- Datasheet: IDERA’s Solutions for MySQL and MariaDB
Topics : Database Diagnostics,Database Monitoring,Database Performance,SQL Query Performance,
Products : SQL Diagnostic Manager for MySQL,SQLyog,