Geek Sync Webcast : Practical Performance Tuning with SQL Wait Stats
Presenter: Pinal Dave
SQL Server Waits and Queues can reveal your past, explain your present and predict your future. SQL Server Performance Tuning uses the Waits and Queues as a proven method to identify the best opportunities to improve performance. In this webcast, we will focus on the practical approach of SQL Wait Stats and learn how the resource of two of the major performance bottlenecks related to I/O and CPU.
Towards the end of the webinar we will share the scripts so you can do it on your own in the future.
About the Presenter:
Pinal Dave is a technology enthusiast and independent consultant with over thirteen years of experience in the information technology sector. He has successfully authored 11 SQL Server database books, 18 Pluralsight courses and written over 3200 articles on database technology via his blog http://blog.sqlauthority.com. Rounding out his professional career, Pinal has held key positions as Sr. Consultant for SolidQ and as a Technology Evangelist for Pluralist and Microsoft. Pinal holds a Master of Science from the University of Southern California, and numerous professional certifications, including MCTS, MCDBA and MCAD (.NET).
- Whitepaper: Five Reasons Why SQL Server Health Checks are Life Savers
- Whitepaper: 7 Most Important MySQL Performance Tuning Checks
- Whitepaper: A User-centric, Collaborative, Holistic Philosophy of Tuning the Application Stack
- Whitepaper: Beginning Performance Tuning
- Webcast: Boost SQL Server Settings in the Cloud and On Premises
- Webcast: New Features in SQL Server That Will Change the Way You Tune
- Webcast: Performance Tune Like an MVP
- Webcast: SQL Server 2017 – Let’s Learn Automatic Tuning
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Tuning – Analyzing Past to Predict Future
- Webcast: The Five Essential Scripts for Performance Tuning
- Webcast: Performance in 60 Seconds – SQL Tricks Everybody MUST Know
- Webcast: Performance Tuning Your SQL Server Database and Maybe Even Your Data
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Tuning – Advanced Techniques
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Tuning Tips and Tricks
- Webcast: Identifying and Solving Common SQL Server Performance Problems
- Webcast: SQL Server Setup and Configuration Best Practices (Including SQL 2017 and Linux)
Topics : Database Diagnostics,Database Performance,SQL Query Performance,
Products : SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server,