Webcast : SQL Server Indexing Tips and Tricks
The use of indexes in SQL Server can make or break a database application and in this webcast we will take a look at best practices to ensure you are properly using and maintaining indexes.
Dave Walden will cover the different types of indexes, index statistics, how indexes are used to improve queries, using DMVs to get insight into index usage, index fragmentation, index maintenance, and more.
- Whitepaper: 7 Indexing Tips to Improve SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: SQL Server Indexing Basics
- Webcast: How Index Optimization Impacts Memory in SQL Server
- Webcast: Why Did My Clever Index Change Backfire?
- Webcast: Consolidating Indexes in SQL Server
- Webcast: I Have Indexes, But Do I Have the Right Indexes?
- Webcast: 3 Secret Configuration Changes to Make Your Existing Indexes Run Faster
- Infographic: What is SQL Indexing?
Dave Walden has over 15 years of experience in large, high performance, mission critical environments. While his primary focus is the data platform, Dave has deep expertise in other fields, including Cloud (Private/Public/Hybrid), Storage, Virtualization, Computing and Networking. Dave also has deep experience in the Big Data space, having worked in technologies such as Hadoop, Data Lake, Cosmos DB and MongoDB. Dave is an international speaker on SQL Server related topics – most recently on SQL Server on Linux.
Easily and Automatically Find and Fix SQL Server Index Fragmentation
- Automate identification of index fragmentation “hot spots”
- Schedule index defragmentation jobs
- Avoid database contention with system resource pre-checks
- Reduce page splits with index fill factor settings control
- Centrally manage, report and notify instantly