Geek Sync Webcast : Extended Events: What Are They and How Do I Use Them?
Presenter: Dave Bland
Extended Events are an essential part of properly monitoring SQL Server and every DBA should know what they are and how to use them. This Geek Sync will cover the basics of Extended Events, as well as an introduction to the system_health session. This webinar will focus on how to use Extended Events as part of your performance troubleshooting process.
Speaker: Dave Bland has over 20 years of SQL Server experience that includes being a DBA, BI development, and application development using VB.NET. Dave currently is the Manager of the DBA team at Stericycle. He is a frequent presenter at SQL Saturday events and user groups around the country. Dave has been teaching SQL Server since version 2000 and is the SQL Server instructor at Harper College in Palatine, IL. Current certifications include: • Microsoft Certified Trainer • MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance • MCTS: SQL Server 2008, BI Development and Maintenance • MCSA: SQL Server 2008 • MCSA: SQL Server 2016 • MCSE: SQL Server 2016 – BI • MCDBA: SQL Server 2000 • MCSD • MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
- Infographic: Why Use SQL Diagnostic Manager?
- Solution Brief: Four Important Features of SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Solution Brief: Selected Strengths of SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Solution Brief: SQL Diagnostic Manager for the Hybrid Cloud
- Datasheet: Monitor SQL Server Performance with SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Datasheet: SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Video: An Overview of SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Video: Benefits of SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Video: Five Key Features of SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Video: How to Monitor Performance and Availability with SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Video: Why use SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server?
- Comparison: Compare the two editions of the best SQL Server monitoring tool
Topics : Database Administration,Database Monitoring,Database Performance,
Products : SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server,