Solution Brief : SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
SQL Diagnostic Manager for the Hybrid Cloud
This solution brief describes how to monitor the performance of Microsoft SQL Server for physical, virtual, and cloud environments with SQL Diagnostic Manager. SQL Diagnostic Manager runs on cloud virtual machines with Microsoft Windows. It can access mapped cloud drives. It supports monitoring of SQL Server instances on cloud virtual machines and the SQL Server cloud databases Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) for SQL Server and Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
As organizations migrate their databases to the cloud, database administrators need to consistently manage databases on-premises and in the cloud with existing staff and tools. While it is relatively straightforward to provision and maintain databases on virtual machines in the cloud, cloud databases (that is, database as a service) require careful planning. Cloud databases are deceptively simple since cloud providers remove much of the complexity of configuring and managing on-premises databases. However, from the perspective of database administrators, is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Typical concerns with migration to the cloud are moving data to the cloud without impacting application performance, determining the best database-specific settings, ensuring that databases are being correctly maintained without access to the full database infrastructure, configuring for high availability and disaster recovery, balancing performance and cost, and managing databases in the cloud and on-premises without learning multiple tools.
There is no need to fear the cloud when managing the performance and availability of cloud and traditional databases with a single tool. By eliminating the steep learning curve associated with new tools for cloud databases, free up time for new organizational needs, adopt databases in the cloud confidently, and avoid making critical errors with new cloud databases.
- Infographic: Why Use SQL Diagnostic Manager?
- Solution Brief: Four Important Features of SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Solution Brief: Selected Strengths of SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Datasheet: Monitor SQL Server Performance with SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Datasheet: SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Video: An Overview of SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Video: Benefits of SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Video: Five Key Features of SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Video: How to Monitor Performance and Availability with SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
- Video: Why use SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server?
- Comparison: Compare the two editions of the best SQL Server monitoring tool
Topics : Cloud Databases,Database Diagnostics,Database Monitoring,Database Performance,
Products : SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server,
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.