Geek Sync Webcast : 10 Tips and Tricks to Become a PowerShell Ninja
Join IDERA and PowerShell Blogger Joshua Stenhouse to learn the top 10 tips and tricks to help you accelerate your journey from beginner to PowerShell ninja. Using real-world example scripts, you’ll walk through everything from best practices on design and commenting, to logging, catching errors, IF statements, ForEach loops, working with CSVs, REST APIs, and MS SQL Databases, all from PowerShell. By the end of the webinar you’ll have learned about everything you need to hit the ground running and significantly increase both the quality and breadth of possibility in your PowerShell scripting.
- Whitepaper: The Guide to Learning PowerShell
- Webcast: Creating a SQL Server Database Report with PowerShell
- Webcast: Learn the PowerShell Essentials on Error Trapping
- Webcast: PowerShell Essentials using SQL Server SMO
- Webcast: The Essential PowerShell Tools for the Database Administrator
- Webcast: The Essentials to Tackling Basic PowerShell Functions
- Webcast: The Essentials in Building Basic PowerShell Modules
- Webcast: Using PowerShell with Python and SQL Server
- Webcast: New Features of SQL PowerShell
- Infographic: Why DBAs Should Learn Powershell
- Video: How to Integrate PowerShell with SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
Joshua Stenhouse is a technical advisor and PowerShell blogger (virtuallysober.com) with over a decade of experience in designing, implementing, and advising on data protection solutions for virtual environments. Leveraging his knowledge of PowerShell, RESTful APIs, data-center innovation, and cloud, Joshua helps individuals improve their skills and organizations transform IT with the latest and greatest in technology and PowerShell automation.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.