Case Study: SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
National Opinion Research Center saves over 200 percent on SQL Server management and administration with Idera
SQL Diagnostic Manager helps NORC keep tabs on SQL Server performance 24 x 7.
The National Opinion Research Center (NORC), a national research organization specializing in complex surveys, data collection, and empirical analyses, is keeping their SQL Servers running at peak performance and saving thousands of dollars on SQL Server monitoring with IDERA.
Although NORC uses many types of databases, SQL Server plays a critical role in their business. The application that NORC uses to collect data for research projects runs on SQL Server. Also, much of the ll survey data that is collected is held in SQL Server databases. It is later amalgamated into a data warehouse, correlated with other data, and analyzed. NORC project managers also must continually access the SQL Server databases to check and report the progress of projects to clients.
Today, NORC keeps about 30 instances of SQL Server in operation and employs two full time DBAs. Just over a year ago, however, the SQL Server infrastructure at NORC had grown to the point that it needed a more structured, centralized management system. They had no full time DBAs on staff, SQL Server monitoring was done offshore in India, database management requests were handled by developers on a “when they could get to it” basis, and NORC was spending many thousands of dollars per month for very basic monitoring services. That is when Rick Kelly, Senior Database Systems Engineer, joined NORC.
“When I joined NORC, our first task was to get our SQL Servers under control so we could do away with our ineffective and expensive offshore monitoring. In fact, the offshore monitoring was so expensive, it was not cost effective to use on all of our SQL Servers. We realized that we needed a centralized management solution that was affordable enough for all of our SQL Servers, but that was also powerful enough to track performance and alert us immediately if there was a problem.
- Case Study: Ancoris extends SQL Server monitoring with Microsoft SCOM using IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Case Study: Chevron gets its SQL Pipeline under control with SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Case Study: D4 Bolsters eDiscovery Services with IDERA
- Case Study: Franciscan Health Services Keep Mission-critical Applications in Top Form
- Case Study: How IDERA streamlined SQL Server management for the family-owned recycling company
- Case Study: IDERA Helps American Fidelity Assurance Cut Database Administration Time by 50 Percent
- Case Study: IDERA Helps LC Waikiki Optimize Its SQL Server Databases
- Case Study: IDERA Helps PointClickCare Improve KPI with SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Case Study: Infineon Technologies Increases Productivity with SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Case Study: Money Management International relies on IDERA to keep SQL Server running in top form
- Case Study: Oil and Gas Firm Drills Down to Quickly Resolve SQL Server Issues
- Case Study: Plexus Monitors Worldwide SQL Server Enterprise Using Mobile Device
- Case Study: Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Monitors the Health of Critical Patient Care Servers with SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Case Study: The University of Notre Dame Enriches Student Services with IDERA
- Case Study: VCE Selects IDERA Over Quest for SQL Server Monitoring and Administration
Topics : Database Diagnostics,Database Monitoring,Database Performance,
Products : SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server,