Case Study: SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
How IDERA streamlined SQL Server management for the family-owned recycling company
Founded in 1905, PADNOS is an industry leader in customized recycling solutions that buys, processes and sells paper, plastics and metals for industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Holland, Michigan, the family-owned and operated business employs more than 700 people at its 25 recycling locations in Michigan and throughout the United States.
The company’s nine-person Information Technology group manages three SQL Servers that run a number of critical software applications, including systems for: electronic document imaging, delivery and pickup tracking, fleet tracking for the company’s 80 trucks, maintenance management for the fleet and plant equipment, human resource management, and accounting. Nearly 500 PADNOS employees actively use these systems every day.
The PADNOS IT team faced ongoing problems with the company’s mission-critical accounting application, which serves as a retail point-of-sale system for buying and selling scrap products. Too often, high demand for the application caused one set of users to get blocked out by another, resulting in delays of up to 30 seconds and ongoing frustration for customers.
The team tried to address this issue by running queries with SQL Server management tools, but they lacked the visibility required to pinpoint issues quickly. The PADNOS IT team needed another management tool to provide real-time analysis of SQL Server health and performance metrics so they could understand what was going on in the application, and how to fix it.
- Case Study: Ancoris extends SQL Server monitoring with Microsoft SCOM using IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Case Study: Chevron gets its SQL Pipeline under control with SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Case Study: D4 Bolsters eDiscovery Services with IDERA
- Case Study: Franciscan Health Services Keep Mission-critical Applications in Top Form
- Case Study: IDERA Helps American Fidelity Assurance Cut Database Administration Time by 50 Percent
- Case Study: IDERA Helps LC Waikiki Optimize Its SQL Server Databases
- Case Study: IDERA Helps PointClickCare Improve KPI with SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Case Study: Infineon Technologies Increases Productivity with SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Case Study: Money Management International relies on IDERA to keep SQL Server running in top form
- Case Study: National Opinion Research Center saves over 200 percent on SQL Server management and administration with Idera
- Case Study: Oil and Gas Firm Drills Down to Quickly Resolve SQL Server Issues
- Case Study: Plexus Monitors Worldwide SQL Server Enterprise Using Mobile Device
- Case Study: Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Monitors the Health of Critical Patient Care Servers with SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Case Study: The University of Notre Dame Enriches Student Services with IDERA
- Case Study: VCE Selects IDERA Over Quest for SQL Server Monitoring and Administration
Topics : Database Monitoring,Database Performance,
Products : SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server,