Case Study: SQL Safe Backup
An Insurance Company Turns to IDERA for Reliable Database Recovery
An insurance provider with more than 5,000 employees and 50 million policy holders worldwide employs 12 database administrators and 300 developers in its Database and Support Services team. This group manages the corporation’s relational database environment consisting of Oracle for Linux, DB2 for z/OS and 2,100 SQL Server databases, which support a wide variety of business critical applications.
The database team was struggling with its backup solution for years due to an unacceptable and erratic failure rate of weekly full backups, daily differential backups and hourly log archive backups. The team received false positives on some backups while others they believed were successful did not actually create usable backup files. Also, the poor failure rates would have been even worse if they had included backups that were never even submitted because the previous backup was not finished in a timely fashion. The false positive events were discovered when they attempted to recover a database and a full backup file was missing. They knew they needed to address this situation… quickly.
- Infographic: Why Use Idera SQL Safe Backup
- Solution Brief: Instantly Access Data in Backup Files
- Solution Brief: SQL Safe Backup for the Hybrid Cloud
- Datasheet: SQL Safe Backup
- Video: An Overview of SQL Safe Backup
- Video: Why use IDERA SQL Safe Backup?
- Video: How to Configure SQL Safe Backup Policies with Availability Replicas
- Video: How to Install SQL Safe Backup in an AlwaysOn Environment
- Video: How To Manage Policy-Based Backup, Restore, and Log Shipping with SQL Safe Backup
- Video: How To Restore Databases Instantly and Set Up Virtual Databases with SQL Safe Backup
- Video: How To Backup and Instantly Restore with SQL Safe Backup
- Case Study: Banner – University Medical Center Tucson Maximizes File Compression and Saves on Storage with IDERA SQL Safe Backup
- Case Study: IDERA helps PPG Industries reduce SQL Server backup storage costs by over 70 percent
- Case Study: MetTel Conquers SQL Server Log Shipping and Improves Data Recovery with IDERA Tools
- Case Study: SQL Safe Backup Saves Sisters of Mercy Hospital System
- Case Study: Woman’s Hospital saves time and money with IDERA SQL Solutions
Topics : Database Administration,Database Backup,
Products : SQL Safe Backup,