Webcast : An Introduction to Auditing & Compliance for SQL Server
Security, compliance, and auditing are all related, but they aren’t the same thing. Passing an audit doesn’t mean you’re secure and being secure doesn’t mean you can pass the audit!
This presentation is designed to help you understand what auditors and the compliance team want to accomplish, then start thinking about how to meet those goals with the tools and processes available to us. We’ll talk about some high level goals common to most environments, what we can do with the built in capabilities of SQL Server, and when we might want to look to third party tools to augment those capabilities.
- Whitepaper: Protecting Personally Identifiable Information in Databases
- Whitepaper: What You Need to Know About Compliance Audits
- Whitepaper: Are You Aware of These Database Risks?
- Whitepaper: How to Handle the Complexities of Regulatory Compliance
- Whitepaper: The Trade-off Between Database Security and Database Performance
- Whitepaper: Ensuring the Security of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) within U.S. Federal Government Agencies
- Whitepaper: Top Five Items to Audit in SQL Server
- Webcast: Adopting a Compliance & Auditing Mindset
- Webcast: Database Auditing Essentials: Tracking Who Did What to Which Data When
- Webcast: Keep your Healthcare Databases Secure and Compliant
- Webcast: Handling HIPAA Compliance with Your Data Access
- Webcast: IDERA Live | Understanding SQL Server Compliance both in the Cloud and On Premises
- Webcast: IDERA Live | Mitigating Data Risks from Cloud to Ground
- Webcast: 7 Tips and Tricks for Auditing SQL Server
- Webcast: Auditing SQL Server Using Extended Events
- Webcast: Deploying and Maintaining SQL Server Configuration Standards
- Webcast: Manage SQL Server Security Permissions and Audits
- Webcast: Performing a SQL Server Security Risk Assessment Webinar
Andy Warren is a SQL Server consultant based in Orlando. Andy was a founding principal of SQLServerCentral.com, is the former President of the Orlando SQL Server Users Group, and one of the founders of SQLSaturday. He has been an MVP since 2009 and has written and presented extensively SQL Server. Andy blogs at www.sqlandy.com, is on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/sqlandy, and is occasionally on Twitter as @SQLAndy.
Monitor, audit and alert on SQL Server changes
- Audit sensitive data to see who did what, when, where, and how
- Monitor and alert on suspicious activity to detect and track problems
- Satisfy audits for multiple industry regulatory requirements
- Select from over 25 pre-defined compliance reports and create custom views
- Lightweight data collection agent minimizes server impact