Webcast : Successfully Migrating Existing Databases to Azure SQL Database
Presenter: John Sterrett
First impressions have long-lasting effects. When dealing with an architecture change like migrating to Azure SQL Database the last thing you want to do is leave a bad first impression by having an unsuccessful migration. In this session, you will learn the difference between Azure SQL Database, SQL Managed Instances, and Elastic Pools. How to use tools to test migrations for compatibility issues before you start the migration process. You will learn how to successfully migrate your database schema and data to the cloud. Finally, you will learn how to determine which performance tier is a good starting point for your existing workload(s) and how to monitor your workload over time to make sure your users have a great experience while you save as much money as possible.
John Sterrett is an MCSE: Data Platform, Principal Consultant and the Founder of Procure SQL LLC. John has presented at many community events, including Microsoft Ignite, PASS Member Summit, SQLRally, 24 Hours of PASS, SQLSaturdays, PASS Chapters, and Virtual Chapter meetings. John is a leader of the Austin SQL Server User Group and the founder of the HADR Virtual Chapter.
- Whitepaper: Azure SQL Hyperscale
- Whitepaper: Introduction to Windows Azure SQL Database
- Whitepaper: Windows Azure SQL Database Architecture
- Webcast: Azure Cloud & You: First Steps for the DBA
- Webcast: Introduction to Performance Tuning in Azure SQL Database
- Webcast: High Availability and Azure – Scaling SQL Server to the Cloud
- Solution Brief: IDERA Database Tools for Microsoft Azure
Topics : Cloud Databases,Database Monitoring,Database Performance,Database Security,
Products : SQL Secure,