Solution Brief : SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server
Keep Your SQL Servers Running Smoothly
As an application or database user, these are the things that matter: is it easy to use, does it do what I need it to do and does it perform well? Two of these items are front end related to the design of the application and whether requirements were followed. The third item can be application or database specific, or both. In order to ensure there are no issues from the database perspective, there are several things that developers and DBAs can do both during development stages and production use of the application.
Author: Greg Robidoux
Greg Robidoux is the President and founder of Edgewood Solutions, a technology services company delivering services and solutions for Microsoft SQL Server. Greg is also a co-founder of MSSQLTips.com. He has been working with SQL Server since 1999 and has authored many articles and delivered several presentations online and at local and national SQL Server events. – See more at: https://www.idera.com/resource-center/solutionbriefs/keep-your-sql-servers-running-smoothly#sthash.H50tUYmI.dpuf
Topics : Database Monitoring,Database Performance,
Products : SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server,
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.