Case Study: ER/Studio Data Architect Professional
Microsoft Establishes an Enterprise Data Model
Microsoft is a worldwide leader in software, services, and solutions. With a vast range of data needs, Microsoft’s Principal IT Data Architect, Aaron Hanks, has faced numerous challenges to support this extensive data environment. Different data architecture solutions had been implemented over time, but it became increasingly clear that a cohesive data management strategy was needed.
The lack of clear enterprise data standards at Microsoft fostered extensive variation in how data was modeled across business groups. Additionally, business units at Microsoft had a lot of autonomy and often functioned like small companies of their own. Furthermore, management had become concerned about end-to-end tracking of customer and partner data. The disparity in naming conventions, data definitions, and other compatibility issues made relating such data difficult or unachievable. Because of these extensive requirements, it was clear that Microsoft needed a full-featured enterprise data modeling tool.
- Webcast: 10 ER/Studio Productivity Tips to Help You Love Your Data Models
- Webcast: Making Connections: Enhance Data Models with ER/Studio 2016+
- Video: Agile Change Management in ER/Studio Data Architect Professional
- Video: Build a Logical Data Model with ER/Studio Data Architect
- Video: Data Modeling for Hadoop Hive with ER/Studio Data Architect
- Video: Data Modeling for MongoDB with ER/Studio Data Architect
- Video: Data Modeling Techniques for Teradata Users
- Video: Document a Database As Part of a Broader Data Modeling Initiative with ER/Studio
- Video: Why Should A Data Modeler Care About Business Processes?
- Datasheet: Model Hadoop Hive for the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP)
- Solution Brief: MongoDB Data Modeling with ER/Studio
- Solution Brief: Enterprise Data Modeling: 7 Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make
- Solution Brief: Importing ER/Studio Data Models into WhereScape 3D
- Case Study: Global Financial Services Organization Turns to ER/Studio for High-Performance Data Modeling
- Case Study: Newmont Mining Standardized their Data Modeling Practices with ER/Studio
Topics : Data Modeling,
Products : ER/Studio Data Architect Professional,