Case Study: ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
Newmont Mining Standardized their Data Modeling Practices with ER/Studio
One of six Fortune 500 companies in Colorado, Newmont Mining is among the world’s top gold producers. As the market price for gold and copper continue to rise to record levels, Newmont has seen tremendous success and growth; their employee base has reached over 30,000 people. With so much at stake, accurate data is essential for efficient, profitable operations. Newmont’s IT department must maintain numerous technologies, business intelligence software, computing platforms and security systems to keep data accessible, protected and useful. As part of this effort, data modeling is a key function.
When Newmont’s database developers became aware of limitations within the installed data warehousing and modeling toolsets, they searched for a more comprehensive solution for creating accurate data models that would help them to respond quickly and efficiently to their changing business needs. They needed to increase productivity of and collaboration among data architects, modelers and developers. Features such as reverse engineering, model merge and auto-layout algorithms, as well as easy navigation and a web-based portal for quick searching and reporting, are essential for managing their Teradata data warehousing platform.
- Webcast: 10 ER/Studio Productivity Tips to Help You Love Your Data Models
- Webcast: Making Connections: Enhance Data Models with ER/Studio 2016+
- Video: Agile Change Management in ER/Studio Data Architect Professional
- Video: Build a Logical Data Model with ER/Studio Data Architect
- Video: Data Modeling for Hadoop Hive with ER/Studio Data Architect
- Video: Data Modeling for MongoDB with ER/Studio Data Architect
- Video: Data Modeling Techniques for Teradata Users
- Video: Document a Database As Part of a Broader Data Modeling Initiative with ER/Studio
- Video: Why Should A Data Modeler Care About Business Processes?
- Datasheet: Model Hadoop Hive for the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP)
- Solution Brief: MongoDB Data Modeling with ER/Studio
- Solution Brief: Enterprise Data Modeling: 7 Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make
- Solution Brief: Importing ER/Studio Data Models into WhereScape 3D
- Case Study: Global Financial Services Organization Turns to ER/Studio for High-Performance Data Modeling
- Case Study: Microsoft Deploys ER/Studio to Establish an Enterprise Data Model
Topics : Data Modeling,
Products : ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition,