Webcast : Managing SQL Server Agent Jobs Across Your SQL Server Farm
SQL Server Agent is a great tool. We can schedule jobs to run to cover backups, index checks, SSIS package runs, and just about anything else we can think of.
When we’re only managing one or two SQL Servers, it isn’t that big a deal. However, as we add more servers to the mix, this management can become a challenge. Add in applications like SQL Server Reporting Services and subscriptions, which use SQL Server Agent jobs, and this management effort starts to resemble a nightmare.
In this webinar we’ll look at how to manage the menagerie of multiple SQL Servers and the jobs on them. We’ll look at centralized management techniques and the limits they pose. We’ll also consider scripts and other freely available mechanisms to try and make this management effort easier.
- Whitepaper: 3 Tips for Managing Large Numbers of SQL Server Jobs
- Webcast: 5 ways monitoring SQL Server Agent jobs can make your job easier
- Webcast: Monitoring and Managing SQL Server Scheduled Tasks
- Datasheet: SQL Enterprise Job Manager
- Video: How To Simplify Job Monitoring and Management with SQL Enterprise Job Manager
K. Brian Kelley is a SQL Server author, columnist, and Microsoft MVP focusing primarily on SQL Server and Windows security. In addition to being a database administrator, he has served as an infrastructure and security architect encompassing solutions with Citrix, virtualization, and Active Directory. Brian is also a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and has been the head of a financial organization’s computer incident response team. Brian is active in the IT community having spoken at DevConnections, SQL Saturdays, code camps, and user groups. He is also the President of the Midlands PASS Chapter, a Professional Association for SQL Server Chapter located in Columbia, SC.
Monitor and manage SQL Server agent jobs across the enterprise
- Monitor SQL Server agent jobs across the enterprise
- Easily view job status and details with familiar calendar layout
- Configure and manage jobs that run over multiple instances
- Set alerts to be notified of potential issues
- Web-based architecture simplifies deployment