Geek Sync Webcast : A Lean Approach To Application Performance Monitoring
You know that the state of your systems is effectively invisible unless you monitor them. But there are so many types of monitoring you can use that it’s easy to spend a lot of time and money setting up tools that may or may not be solving your most critical needs.
In this Geek Sync presentation, Ernest Mueller, application performance product manager at Idera, walks us through the steps on how to start light with monitoring necessities and how to iterate into more complex things. He will explain what things are most important to instrument first and how to generate your own roadmap to a full monitoring implementation
Ernest Mueller is a product manager for Idera’s APM products in Austin, TX. In his 20 years in IT he’s been a developer, system administrator, and IT/engineering manager in companies ranging from large enterprises to established SaaS businesses to startups. He runs conferences (DevOpsDays Austin), organizes user groups (CloudAustin), and speaks and blogs (theagileadmin.com) on cloud technologies, Agile, monitoring, security, and DevOps.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.