Geek Sync Webcast : Physical Data Modeling – Heaps and Clustered Indexes
How should you structure your tables? You’ll learn as we cover how heaps cause performance problems, see what’s really inside an index, explain the logic behind IDENTITY and GUID fields as clustering keys, and show when to break the best practices.
Brent Ozar loves to make SQL Server faster and more reliable. He created sp_Blitz® and sp_AskBrent®, coauthored Professional SQL Server 2008 Internals and Troubleshooting, and he loves sharing knowledge at BrentOzar.com. He’s a Microsoft Certified Master of SQL Server and a Microsoft MVP.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.