Geek Sync Webcast : Neutralize Troublesome SQL Server Indexes
SQL Server indexes are not always as helpful as we like to think. Often they work against our overall server performance. In this session, we will see some troublemaking scenarios and their workarounds. Pinal Dave will share scripts for various difficult scenarios which you can apply to your server right away to easily improve performance.
Pinal Dave is a Developer Evangelist and SQL Server performance expert. He has authored 11 SQL Server database books, 14 Pluralsight courses and over 2900 articles on the database technology on his blog at http://blog.sqlauthority.com. Along with 10+ years of hands-on experience, he holds a Masters of Science degree and a number of certifications, including MCTS, MCDBA and MCAD (.NET).
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.