Webcast : Performance Tuning with Execution Plans
Using Execution Plans to performance tune SQL Server queries can be a great starting point to help a database application run optimally. Execution Plans have been around for some time now and Microsoft has improved the interface and extra tools with every release.
Join IDERA and Thomas LeBlanc as he walks through the history of execution plans. The progression will be to Scans and Seeks while dipping into Loops and Lookups. These are the basic skills needed to start using execution plans. We will conclude the session with the new features released with SQL Server 2016 and 2017.
Thomas LeBlanc (Microsoft Data Platform MVP) is a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Architect in Baton Rouge, LA and uses his decades of experience in IT to help develop OLAP database for end-to-end dimensional data marts with SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, and Excel. He also assists with OLTP systems designing and tuning normalized databases for high-performing T-SQL. Thomas has been blessed to speak at PASS Summit (2011-17), VSLive (2018), Live! 360 (2015-17), IT/Dev Connections (2015 & 2017) and SQLSaturday events (2011-18).
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.