Webcast : To Force Plans, Or Not to Force Plans, That Is The Question
We have new ways to force execution plans in SQL Server. In SQL Server 2017, you can even let SQL Server temporarily force query plans for you and test if it works well!
In this session, you’ll learn how forcing plans with Query Store compares with the older technology of Plan Guides. You’ll learn how to tell when a plan has been forced, what “morally equivalent plans” are (and why they’re a good thing), how to see if a query has a high variation in performance, and how to decide, “Should I force this plan?” and “Should I let SQL Server force plans for me?”
Kendra Little teaches database administrators and developers how to speed up their Microsoft SQL Servers consistently. She is a Microsoft Certified Master in SQL Server, a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), and one of the few artists in the world to draw both dinosaurs and databases.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.