Geek Sync Webcast : SQL Server Health Checks for Busy DBAs
SQL Server health checks and optimization is one of the most critical tasks for database administrators (DBAs). While we want to spend more time tuning our server, often we (DBAs) are busy with other tasks like high availability, server patching, and other important maintenance tasks. It would be really nice that instead of investigating the server for performance bottlenecks, our server itself reports inefficiencies. In this session, we will learn about how we can manage our multiple databases with various scripts, tools, and ideas. We will explore DMVs, wait stats, performance counters, and other tools to get the maximum of our SQL Server.
Pinal Dave is a SQL Server Performance Tuning Expert and an independent consultant. He has authored 12 SQL Server database books, 33 Pluralsight courses and has written over 5100 articles on database technology on his blog at https://blog.sqlauthority.com. Along with 17+ years of hands-on experience, he holds a Masters of Science degree and several database certifications.
Discover, Track and Manage Your SQL Server Inventory
- View your SQL Server inventory – know what you have where and who owns it
- Auto-discover any new servers installed to better manage server sprawl
- Create tags and custom fields to organize servers and databases across the enterprise
- Perform health checks to monitor server operation and capacity
- Collect and manage server environment details with the web-based agentless UI
Learn more and download a FREE 14-day trial to start discovering, tracking and maintaining your SQL Server environment.