Geek Sync Webcast : The Universe of Oracle Indexing
Presenter: Bert Scalzo
The Oracle database offers many different types of indexing strategies and thus index types. Today’s Oracle DBA needs to be aware of all such indexing options and when each might make sense to apply.
Join IDERA and Bert Scalzo as he explores Oracle Indexing. This session will cover every common Oracle index type, including: b-tree, bitmap, bitmap join, reverse order, function based, invisible, partitioned, global prefix, local prefix and index organized tables (IOT’s). It’s very likely that you are only taking advantage of a small subset of these index types. This is a special Geek Sync you will not want to miss!
Bert Scalzo is an Oracle® ACE, author, speaker, consultant, and a Senior Product Manager for database tools at IDERA. Bert also spent 15 years architecting DBA features for the popular Toad product line. He has three decades of Oracle® database experience and previously worked for both Oracle Education and Oracle Consulting. Bert holds several Oracle Masters certifications and his academic credentials include a BS, MS and Ph.D. in computer science, as well as an MBA. He has presented at numerous Oracle conferences and user groups, including OOW, ODTUG, IOUG, OAUG, RMOUG and many others. Bert’s areas of interest include data modeling, database benchmarking, database tuning and optimization, “star schema” data warehouses, Linux® and VMware®. He has written numerous papers and blogs for such well-respected publications as the Oracle Technology Network (OTN), Oracle Magazine, Oracle Informant, PC Week (eWeek), Dell Power Solutions Magazine, The LINUX Journal, LINUX.com, Oracle FAQ and Toad World.
- Webcast: Understanding Oracle Database Security
- Webcast: SQL Server and Oracle Database Administration Made Easy
- Datasheet: Precise for Oracle Database
- Video: Aqua Data Studio – Oracle DBA Tools
- Video: An Overview of Precise for Oracle
- Video: How To Install Precise for Oracle Monitoring
- Video: Precise for Oracle Database’s New GUI
- Case Study: Professional Services Enterprise Improves Oracle Database Performance
- Case Study: Telecomm Enterprise Improves Database Performance by Almost 400%
Topics : Database Administration,Database Security,SQL Query Performance,
Products : DBArtisan,