Geek Sync Webcast : Secrets of the Plan Cache
You have heard of a query plan, right? Perhaps even looked at one somewhere along the way. Have you ever wondered what information might be buried in the plan cache, the courses of action having that additional information might lead you to? Perhaps you have wondered what plans in the cache would benefit from those missing indexes or contemplated your cost threshold of parallelism, among other questions. This session is designed to answer just that. We will look at query plans without the pretty node icons and from there we will interrogate the plan cache thus putting its secrets to work for us.
Peter Shore is a seasoned IT professional with over 25 years of experience. He took the accidentally intentional DBA plunge in 2013 and has discovered that he loves to find the stories the data has to tell. Peter is comfortable working with both physical and virtual servers, where he tries to apply best practices to attain performance improvements. He is also adept at bridging the gap between technical and business language in order to bring technology solutions to business needs.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.