Video : ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
New in ER/Studio 19.0: Azure Synapse, Business Glossary, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL
ER/Studio 19.0 is a major release with some important new features. This release connects data architects closer to the data governance initiative. It accomplishes this with improved business glossary capabilities. It also provides a deepening support for Microsoft platforms with Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics as a new platform and improved support for Microsoft SQL Server.
Improvements to ER/Studio Data Architect 19.0 appear in the following areas:
- Improved business glossary support
- Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics (new platform)
- Microsoft SQL Server
– Allow data architects access to business terms to map to data models. Leverage the knowledge of data architects in building a data catalog.
– Core platform support. Allows our clients to exploit Azure Synapse and plan migration to the cloud.
– Support for many features of SQL Server so that clients can use features of the database all in one place. Supported features include: Support for SQL Server 2019, common table expressions (CTE) in Views, filtered indexes, column store indexes, spatial indexes, table and index compression, temporal tables, extended properties.
– Inheritance relationships. Convert constructs in the logical model to new features in PostgreSQL for inheritance.
Improvements to ER/Studio Team Server and Repository 19.0 appear in the following areas:
- Advanced ontology support
- Graphical visualization
- Business term harvesting
- Run on Azure SQL Database
– Model the information of the organization used for data governance as a formal ontology, allowing users to classify and find information better.
– Improved user experience to navigate models
– Kick start your data governance initiative by harvesting terms and ontological relationships from logical models.
– Enable clients that are moving applications to the Azure cloud.
Watch this video to see ER/Studio 19.0 in action.
For more information, please refer to Video : Azure SQL Database.
Topics : Data Governance,Data Modeling,Enterprise Architecture,Metadata,
Products : ER/Studio Business Architect,ER/Studio Data Architect,ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition,ER/Studio Team Server Core,