HOUSTON, TX – April 09, 2019 – IDERA (a division of Idera, Inc.), a provider of powerful database productivity tools, today announced a major release of Precise, the company’s application performance monitoring platform. This latest release introduces a new web interface and several other features that help IT professionals improve the end-to-end performance monitoring of databases and applications, and recommend corrective actions.
As organizations process more and more digital transactions, IT can struggle to allocate resources and develop strategies to keep pace. The reality for most companies is a complex and evolving landscape of diverse applications that span a variety of platforms and disciplines supported by separate teams. With each team having its own discrete monitoring tools, it can be difficult to diagnose and correct performance problems across disparate but interdependent technologies.
Precise helps teams ensure that business applications perform at peak efficiency by collecting and analyzing key performance metrics over time. It can also detect and correct the root cause of performance problems whether in an application or a database.
Precise 10.0 introduces a new graphical user interface (GUI) based on a modern web framework using HTML5. The new GUI works on browsers including Chrome and Firefox, while still supporting Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. This new framework provides faster data transfer and rendering time which makes the GUI faster and more responsive.
Other Precise 10.0 features and capabilities include:
- An end-to-end view of applications from web to database, with the ability to drill down into individual tiers and see details.
- An unrivaled view of application performance in SAP, PeopleSoft and Oracle E-Business applications showing detail across different tiers and correlating the user experience to the application and database.
- Deep database and query performance analysis to quickly identify the key consumers in a database, diagnose performance issues and recommend solutions where possible.
- What-if analysis to evaluate recommendations and determine their suitability, including any impact on the application or database.
- In-depth information on the use of the in-memory area in Oracle databases, highlighting which tables and indexes are in-memory and their relevant statistics.
- Support for SQL Server availability groups showing availability groups, replicas and the instances and databases related to them.
- Support for SAP ECC6.0 EHP 8 and Netweaver 7.5, bringing support up to the latest non-HANA version of SAP.
“One minute of downtime can cost a business millions of dollars and severely impact customer experience and loyalty,” said David Owen, product manager at IDERA. “Precise provides the visibility to understand and diagnose performance issues, and recommend solutions to fix them where possible.”
To see Precise performance monitoring in action, request a live demo at: https://www.idera.com/application-performance-monitoring/requestademo..
IDERA designs powerful database tools that solve end-user productivity problems. The company’s broad portfolio of award-winning products addresses nearly every aspect of database modeling, development and management across dozens of platforms. A community of more than 100,000
data professionals across healthcare, financial services, retail and technology evangelize and use IDERA’s tools. IDERA is a division of Idera, Inc. To learn more, visit www.idera.com.