Webcast : Learn how to Monitor SQL Server and Azure SQL Natively with Matt Gordon
Have you been asked to monitor both SQL Servers and Azure SQL at the same time? It can be daunting to monitor on-premise and cloud SQL servers simultaneously, especially if you have never done so. Join Matt Gordon as he walks you through how to get started with the native tools available in SQL Server and Azure SQL to monitor each database.
- Understanding the native monitoring capabilities present in both Azure SQL and SQL Server
- Learning about the native monitoring capabilities that are unique to Azure SQL
- Exposure to free, community-provided tools that can enhance native monitoring capabilities
Matt is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP and has worked with SQL Server since 2000. He is the leader of the Lexington, KY Data Technology Group and a frequent domestic and international community speaker. He’s an IDERA ACE alumnus and Friend of Redgate. His original data professional role was in database development, which quickly evolved into query tuning work that further evolved into being a DBA in the healthcare realm. He has supported several critical systems utilizing SQL Server and managed dozens of 24/7/365 SQL Server implementations. As a consultant, he works with customers large, medium, and small to migrate to the cloud, make their data estate operate efficiently, and find the right tools and solutions within the Microsoft Data Platform.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.