Webcast : ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
Quack Chat | Dive into Data Governance
Presenter: Ron Huizenga
Data governance refers to the overall management of the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the data employed in an organization. It is a set of processes, policies, and standards that ensure the proper handling of data across the entire organization. The benefits of data governance are that it helps organizations to make informed decisions and achieve their objectives by ensuring that high-quality data is available, reliable, and secure. Data governance is important because it contributes to:
- Data quality: Data governance helps maintain the accuracy, consistency, and reliability of data, ensuring that decision-makers have access to high-quality information.
- Compliance and regulations: Data governance enables organizations to comply with various data protection laws, regulations, and industry standards. That includes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Data security: Implementing data governance policies helps organizations protect sensitive data from unauthorized access, data breaches, and other security threats.
- Data integration: Data governance ensures that data from different sources is integrated, enabling organizations to gain a holistic view of their operations and make informed decisions.
- Efficiency: Proper data governance practices can help organizations streamline their data management processes and reduce operational costs.
- Risk management: Data governance helps organizations identify, assess, and mitigate risks associated with data management, such as data breaches and non-compliance penalties.
- Data-driven decision-making: Data governance ensures that organizations have accurate, consistent, and reliable data to support data-driven decision-making and business intelligence initiatives.
- Trust and accountability: Implementing data governance policies shows that an organization commits to responsible data management, which can help build trust with customers, partners, and regulators.
Data governance is becoming increasingly important to corporations who must demonstrate compliance to industry and corporate regulations. Data professionals are tasked with ensuring data quality, enforcing data security, tracking model changes, and complying with audits.
Join IDERA and Ron Huizenga as he describes ways to approach Master Data Management (MDM), data quality, data lineage and data life cycles using ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition.
About Ron: Ron Huizenga was the IDERA Senior Product Manager for the ER/Studio product family. Ron has over 30 years of experience as an IT executive and consultant in Enterprise Data Architecture, Governance, Business Process Reengineering and Improvement, Program/Project Management, Software Development and Business Management.
Topics : Data Governance,
Products : ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition,