Video : ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition
Where is My Data?
Understanding where your data is located is crucial for several reasons:
- Locating your data ensures you can comply with data privacy laws and regulations. Different countries and regions have different laws governing how one collected, used, stored, and shared data. To locate your data can help you ensure you are complying with the relevant laws and regulations.
- To locate your data can help you improve data security and reduce the risk of data breaches. If you know where one stored your data, you can implement security measures to protect it, such as encryption, access controls, and monitoring.
- Locating your data can help you optimize data access and performance. If you know where one stored your data, you can ensure one stored it in a location that is accessible to the users who need it, and that one stored it in a way that maximizes performance.
- To locate your data can help you ensure your data is being stored and managed in a way that aligns with the policies and practices of your organization. This is important if you are using third-party vendors to manage your data, as you need to ensure that they are adhering to your organization’s standards.
- Locating your data can help you plan for disaster recovery and business continuity. If you know where one stored your data, you can ensure you have backup and recovery processes in place to minimize the impact of any disruptions or disasters.
Watch this video to discover how ER/Studio can help you better understand where your data is located.
With GDPR in place, and other auditory requirements forcing companies to have a greater understanding of their data and where it sits within the organization, companies need to have the ability to effectively map where data lies within their DB platform, and how to effectively model this environment, and share this with the developers and the organization.
Topics : Data Governance,Data Modeling,Database Compliance,
Products : ER/Studio Business Architect,ER/Studio Data Architect,ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition,