Solution Brief : ER/Studio Data Architect
Enterprise Data Modeling: 7 Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make
IT professionals are eager to deliver the benefits of well-managed enterprise architecture but have concerns about possible missteps along the way. Whether their organization is just starting out or experienced in enterprise data modeling efforts, there are certain pitfalls that can become obstacles to success. This paper looks at the benefits of an effective enterprise data modeling effort, as well as seven common mistakes that organizations can make in developing enterprise data models.
- Understand benefits of an effective enterprise data modeling effort
- Identify seven common mistakes that organizations can make in developing enterprise data models
- Resolve issues and deliver results to the business with ER/Studio
Karen López is Senior Project Manager and Architect at InfoAdvisors. She has more than twenty years of experience in helping organizations implement large, multi-project programs. She is a Microsoft MVP, SQL Server, and a Dunn and Bradstreet MVP. InfoAdvisors is a Toronto-based data management consulting firm. We specialize in the practical application of data management. Our philosophy is based on assessing the cost, benefit, and risk of any technique to meet the specific needs of our client organizations. InfoAdvisors offers data modeling training, including training focused on introductory data management issues, for non-modelers such as business users, database administrators, project managers and developers.
- Webcast: 10 ER/Studio Productivity Tips to Help You Love Your Data Models
- Video: Agile Change Management in ER/Studio Data Architect Professional
- Video: Build a Logical Data Model with ER/Studio Data Architect
- Video: Document a Database As Part of a Broader Data Modeling Initiative with ER/Studio
- Video: Why Should A Data Modeler Care About Business Processes?
- Case Study: Global Financial Services Organization Turns to ER/Studio for High-Performance Data Modeling
- Case Study: Microsoft Deploys ER/Studio to Establish an Enterprise Data Model
- Case Study: Newmont Mining Standardized their Data Modeling Practices with ER/Studio