Whitepaper : The Adaptive SQL Server DBA
Data is more important than ever to business success. Data is the key asset to many modern businesses and when the management and mining of that data for business intelligence is your business’ core competency, you cannot afford to totally outsource oversight and control of that key asset to a faceless vendor.
As time progressed and SQL Server gradually pushed its way into the enterprise application world with each new release, so did the specialization of DBAs in large organizations. Many SQL Server DBAs in particular are being thrown into the position as an afterthought, often after a crisis of some sort convinced the corporate leaders that SQL Server was not as self-managing as they imagined. And in those cases there are lots of lone rangers out there.
- Whitepaper: 5 DBA Mistakes That Can Cost You Your Job
- Whitepaper: How to Become a SQL Server Database Administrator
- Webcast: First Steps to Becoming a DBA
- Webcast: Storage for the DBA
- Webcast: The Future of the DBA: DevOps, the Cloud Paradigm, and the Microsoft Data Platform
- Webcast: IDERA Live | The DBA Quit and Now You’re It: How to Survive
- Infographic: Are You a DBA Looking for Extra Funding?
- Infographic: The Accidental DBA
Scott manages Idera’s database performance management products and has over twenty years of experience in product management and product marketing in the software and technology industry from small start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. Scott holds an MBA from Rice University as well as bachelor’s and master’s degrees in electrical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.