Whitepaper : Five Reasons Why SQL Server Health Checks are Life Savers
SQL Server health checks have garnered a great deal of notoriety over the last five years. What was originally a niche offering more than ten years ago has evolved into a mainstream must-have for the SQL Server community. A health check should: (1) Validate the architecture, database design, or code for a process. (2) Determine problematic code that is causing slowdowns, locking, blocking, and frustrated users. (3) Prepare for upgrades of SQL Server, Windows, Storage, or the Application itself. (4) Outline considerations when moving to the cloud, virtualization, or new hardware. (5) Enumerate operational issues impacting the business and spinning wheels of team members. (6) Identify roadblocks to capacity and scalability issues. (7) Ensure your SQL Server environment is adequately secured, and your customers are protected.
This whitepaper digs into the common questions about health checks and then deliver a checklist along with some scripts to help you perform your own SQL Server health checks. Further, this whitepaper intends to address five keys areas that could be considered life-saving. What I mean by life-saving is that they will help you grow, show your value to the organization, and keep your organization running smoothly.
- Whitepaper: 7 Most Important MySQL Performance Tuning Checks
- Whitepaper: A User-centric, Collaborative, Holistic Philosophy of Tuning the Application Stack
- Whitepaper: Beginning Performance Tuning
- Webcast: Boost SQL Server Settings in the Cloud and On Premises
- Webcast: New Features in SQL Server That Will Change the Way You Tune
- Webcast: Performance Tune Like an MVP
- Webcast: Practical Performance Tuning with SQL Wait Stats
- Webcast: SQL Server 2017 – Let’s Learn Automatic Tuning
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Tuning – Analyzing Past to Predict Future
- Webcast: The Five Essential Scripts for Performance Tuning
- Webcast: Performance in 60 Seconds – SQL Tricks Everybody MUST Know
- Webcast: Performance Tuning Your SQL Server Database and Maybe Even Your Data
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Tuning – Advanced Techniques
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Tuning Tips and Tricks
- Webcast: Identifying and Solving Common SQL Server Performance Problems
- Webcast: SQL Server Setup and Configuration Best Practices (Including SQL 2017 and Linux)
Jeremy Kadlec is the Chief Technology Officer at Edgewood Solutions and co-founder of MSSQLTips.com, where his team solves problems for millions of SQL Server professionals around the globe. Over his 15-year career, Jeremy has served as a distinguished SQL Server consultant, author, speaker, community leader, and trainer. Microsoft has recognized Jeremy as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for SQL Server since 2009. He loves spending time with his family and is an avid sport fisherman.
Complete SQL performance tuning and recommendations
- Easily monitor and improve the performance of SQL Server, Azure and AWS instances.
- Instantly locate real-time performance issues with Quick Findings.
- Improve performance with updated recommendations for SQL Server 2016 and 2017, Azure SQL Database, and Amazon RDS.
- Generate executable scripts to optimize performance.
- View trends from history of analysis recommendations.